I have so much garden fresh zucchini this time of year that I needed to find more new recipe use it up. I went off an old zucchini bread recipe, added the coconut milk along with two kinds of dark chocolate to make these little babies.. They were Fabulous!!! You could probably healthy these up even more, but I like them just the way they are.. Enjoy
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup cacao powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
1 cup-packed, shredded Zucchini (no need to peal)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
Optional-1 teaspoon culinary lavender flowers, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl: using a mixer-Cream together butter and sugar
- With a rubber spatula, Fold in coconut milk, cacao powder, vanilla extract, chocolate chips, and zucchini.
- In a small mixing bowl: Sift together flour, baking powder and salt
- Add Lavender (optional) Then Slowly fold flour mixture to wet mixture with a rubber spatula till fully mixed.-Note: Batter to be quite thick.
- Using a rubber spatula, fill greased muffin tin ¾ way to the top. Check at 20 mins.-pierce with a wooden toothpick.. if comes out clean you are good to go-leave muffins in tin for 10 mins , then remove muffins to wire rack to cool completely.
- OR to make a one pan brownie, spread batter out into a greased 8×8 baking sq. pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Note-these will be cake like, very soft and melt in your mouth Awesome!!
Enjoy other recipes plus health and wellness related goodies today. CLICK HERE, it is a quickie to sign up and never be left out of foodie heaven again :>)
Everything about My Sage Gourmet is intended to nurture and support you to thrive in every sense of the word. From the Kitchen Coaching, and my artisan kitchen blends to Nutrition Consulting, and the Tone and Sculpt Yoga and weight loss programs, My Sage Gourmet is here to support you!
As a Nutrition Consultant, I help men and women reconnect with their essential selves-the ground zero of who they are. No more putting their physical health and emotional well being on the back burner. As the mind shifts, eating becomes intuitive; movement becomes more gratifying as the body responds to the shift in perspective. Life becomes more joyful and bright!
Connect with me for a complimentary discovery session!