Stove top Sweet-Potato Salad
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (greens and whites)
- 1/4 cup mango chutney (such as Major Grey)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grapeseed or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or a pinch of my Tuscan Herb Salt
- 1 roasted jalapeno pepper, minced (hot or not hot? Up to you test that little baby before putting it in)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups (3/4-inch) cubed, peeled sweet potato (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1/4 pound green beans, trimmed and halved (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, put potatoes then cover with filtered water, then bring to a boil. then reduce heat and simmer 11-13 minutes or until Just Barely tender, drain.
- While Potatoes are cooking, make your dressing by whisking together the first 7 ingredients. Then refrigerate tightly covered
- Cook the beans in boiling salted water 4 minutes until Just crisp-tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Combine potatoes, beans, and cilantro in a medium bowl. Gently fold in the dressing to coat.
- Chill and serve or serve warm if you wish
Tip-If you check your beans and they are already a bit past firm, drain and place them in an ice water bath to stop the cooking process quickly.
A little Food for Thought
Sweet Potatoes– Anthocyanin and other color-related pigments in the sweet potato are equally valuable for their anti-inflammatory health benefits. Scientists have found that these tubers play a key role in the reduction in inflammation-related health problems, including respiratory infections. Sweet potatoes are chart toppers in beta carotene, which protects against damaging free radicals. Further, beta carotene converts to vitamin A which is one of the key components of healthy skin. Keep in mind that your skin is part of your immune system; it is your first line of defense. Last but by no means least, these little sweeties help your body develop resistance to infection when regularly consumed. Here is a delicious take on potato salad featuring, you guessed it, sweet potatoes.-Enjoy!
Enjoy other recipes plus health and wellness related goodies today. CLICK HERE, it is a quickie to sign up and never be left out of foodie heaven again :>)